Many steam cleaner buyers face some frustrations. Some users think that cleaning the carpet with this device is carried out in a matter of minutes, but there is no magic button with which the unit will clean it, of course, you need to work with it. If you use a conventional steam cleaner that does not have a vacuum cleaning function, then all the dirt after using the appliance will still remain on the carpet. He will help soften it so that later it will be easier to eliminate. Therefore, you will additionally need to use a vacuum cleaner, or walk with a microfiber cloth to make the carpet clean. With the steam cleaning services you can now have the best choices.
As well as the disadvantages of steam cleaners are the high price because high-quality models cost about $ 300. If you buy cheap options, then they usually cannot thoroughly clean the dirt, you have to use other cleaning methods, and then the need for a steam cleaner disappears by itself. Typically, low-cost models have a low steam jet, or they cannot heat up to high temperatures. The cleaning time is significantly increased, and a lot of effort needs to be made.
How to clean?
A carpet is a rather expensive thing, so before cleaning it, you should carefully familiarize yourself with the process itself so as not to spoil it. If you are not confident in your abilities, then it is better to abandon this venture and seek help from cleaning companies.
Initially, it is worth choosing a steam cleaner that will be distinguished by high power, which will eliminate dirt, debris and moisture, but will not affect the appearance of the carpet product. It is better to purchase such a device, after using which the product can completely dry in no more than 12 hours because a longer period of increased humidity in the texture of the carpet product can lead to mold. A low-power device will not provide the necessary cleaning of the carpet, so the procedure will soon need to be repeated. Experts recommend adhering to the following rules:
- The cleaning time should be short so that the carpet can dry as quickly as possible,
- It is worth adding a small amount of cleaning agent, while if the acidity is below 10, the product will not suffer,
- It is worth removing all the objects located on the carpet in order to immediately cover the front of the work, to see all the spots and dirt.
To properly operate the steam cleaner, you must adhere to the following algorithm of actions:
- Need to pour hot water into the device,
- According to the instructions from the manufacturer of the unit, it is worth adding the right amount of detergent,
- The cleaning process should start from the far end from the door, which will allow you not to walk along with the cleaned areas of the carpet,
- Heavily contaminated places should be cleaned several times for a satisfactory result,
Then it is worth washing off the cleaning agent from the surface of the carpet using ordinary water remember that dust and dirt will stick to the surface with soapy coating. For faster drying, it is worth turning on the air conditioner or fan, if such a device is in the house.