There are several ladies facing fertility issues, which makes them unable to conceive a baby naturally. Some experience these issues due to hormonal problems, and some because of fibroids. In this condition, they need to get medical help, so that they can get rid of fertility issues and conceive a baby naturally.
A recent study reveals that almost 80% of women are suffering from uterine fibroids. But don’t worry these are non-cancerous and in certain cases, these do not require treatment. Some people ask us if uterine fibroids affect fertility and pregnancy, well, these only have few risks, so you do not take tension.
What are uterine fibroids?
Uterine fibroids are explained as an abnormal growth of muscle cells and fibrous tissues. These are formed in the uterus and are non-cancerous. There are some factors that increase the risk of formation of fibroids such as-:
- African ancestry
- Increasing age
- Family history of uterine fibroids
- Consumption of food additives
- Soybean milk.
If you are suffering from uterine fibroids during pregnancy, then you will surely experience some pain, otherwise, these are harmless. To clear your doubts, you must consult the IVF doctor, he will tell you everything in detail.
To get detailed information about uterine fibroids and pregnancy, you need to visit the IVF centre.
Types of uterine fibroids
These can grow inside or outside the uterine walls and have four types. These include-:
- Intramural-: These are grown within the uterine wall
- Submucosal: These types of fibroids are formed under the lining of the uterine cavity
- Subserosal-: Subserosal uterine fibroids are developed on the outer uterine wall.
- Pedunculated-: These are grown on either inside or outside of the uterus.
Symptoms of uterine fibroids
The symptoms of uterine fibroids include-:
- Abnormally heavy or long menstrual cycles
- Feeling of pressure or heaviness in belly or rectum
- Bleeding between periods and irregular periods
- Bladder irritability, or overly frequent urination
- Pain with deep penetration during intercourse
- Clotting during menstruation
- Leg pain
- Painful bowel movements
- Lower back pain
- Pelvic pressure or pain
- Frequent urinary tract infections
How do fibroids affect fertility and pregnancy?
Several women can conceive a baby naturally even with fibroids. But these can affect some lady’s ability to conceive a baby naturally. Uterine fibroids affect fertility in such ways including-:
- These uterine fibroids result in distorted cervix and uterus, also negatively affect embryo implantation and gamete movement.
- Fibroids are responsible for blockage of fallopian tubes
- Negatively impact the receptivity of the uterine lining
What are the chances of getting pregnant even with uterine fibroids?
As we mentioned above, there are several women who can simply conceive a baby even with fibroids, but not everyone. If you are facing a problem to conceive a baby due to uterine fibroids, you need to consult a doctor. He may recommend you to go with surgical removal treatment of uterine fibroids to reduce the pregnancy risk. You may also get rid of fibroids with the help of hormonal birth control pills.
Uterine Fibroids do not usually affect your risk of:
- Heavy bleeding after delivery
- Fetal growth problems
- Placental problem
- Fetal abnormalities